- City Departments
- Office of the City Manager
- Government Access TV Channels
Government Access TV Channels
Government Access Television
The Banning Government Access TV Channels, Charter Ch.10 & Frontier Ch.29 is a government access cable television station. Its purpose is to provide Banning residents with direct non-editorial information about city governmental deliberations, services, programs and activities and to provide other programs for informational and educational purposes.
Most programs aired on Banning CityTV are produced in-house, however, some are received through outside sources. The regular programming schedule includes the live telecast of Banning Public Meetings. A character generated message board including information about city services and programs, and other pertinent city related information runs in between video programs. Banning CityTV also runs numerous specials, public service announcements and public safety programs.
Specific Objectives Include:
- Increase citizens’ awareness, understanding, and participation in all areas of municipal government.
- Produce and broadcast programs that inform, educate, enlighten and encourage participation in city services, activities, and decision-making.
- Public proceedings and meetings that involve city officials
- Programs that explain and inform the public about City services and programs.
- Emergency information involving public safety or health.
- Programs that explain policies and programs of the City of Banning or that solicit citizens input on these policies and programs.
- Programs that feature special events and historic happenings in the city and other programs of general interest to the citizens of Banning.
- Provide programming from state, federal or government agency programs that are determined to be of interest to local citizens.
City Council Meeting Programming Schedule:
- Special City Council Meetings (as scheduled) and rebroadcasted before City Council
Planning Commission Meeting Programming Schedule: (Schedule subject to Change
- Planning Commission Meetings are broadcast live 1st Wednesday of the month 6:30pm
- Banning Unified School District Board Meetings are broadcast live 2nd Wednesday of the month 5:30pm
- Parks and Recreation Committee Meetings are broadcast live 3rd Wednesday of the month 6pm
(Broadcast Schedule subject to change without notice.)
The Banning Government Access Channel will not accept advertisements for commercial products or services. An application will not be approved for cable casting without a form 990 I.D. number. An individual or group that does not have registered Not For Profit Status wishing to place a community service announcement, must gain the sponsorship of a registered Not For Profit organization. Fill out the Community Service Announcement Form Online and submit your request or download the application for Community Service Announcement. Please print out this form, fill it in and return it to City Hall at 99 E. Ramsey Street Banning, CA 92220 along with your 990 I.D. number.