Online Reporting FAQ

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

QuestionWhat do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?  
AnswerIf your incident is an emergency, call 911.
For all other non-emergency incidents please call 951-922-3170, select option 3.

QuestionWhat if this happened in another city?  Can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?  
AnswerNo, If a crime took place outside of the City of Banning Police Department’s jurisdiction, please call the police department for that city.


QuestionWhat if this happened on a State Freeway?  
AnswerIf this took place on a State Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

QuestionWhat is a known suspect?  
AnswerA known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.